This Week’s Calendar
Thursday, January 8, 2014
• Girls soccer tryout, 3:45-5:15 pm, Lamar Soccer Field
• Choir Parent Meeting, 6-7 pm, Choir Room
• Boys’ Basketball - 7th vs. Mendez, 5:30-6:30 pm, Mendez
• Boys’ Basketball - 8th vs. Mendez, 6:30-7:30 pm, Mendez
Saturday, January 11, 2014
• Girls’ Soccer vs. Martin, 9-10 am, Lamar
Monday, January 13, 2014
• CAC Meeting, 5-6 pm
• PTA Board Meeting, 6:30-8 pm, Room 103
Thursday, January 16, 2014
• Boys’ Basketball - 7th vs. Burnet, 5:30-6:30 pm, Lamar
• Boys’ Basketball - 7th vs. Burnet, 6:30-7:30 pm, Lamar
Friday, January 17, 2014
• Feeder Elementaries (5th graders) to Lamar for FA Showcase, 9-11 am, Cafeteria
Saturday, January 18, 2014
• Girls’ Soccer vs. Burnet, 9-10 am, Lamar
In This Issue
• Lacrosse Girls Registration is open for Future KniTros!
• Communities in Schools Program
LACROSSE GIRLS REGISTRATION IS OPEN FOR FUTURE KNITROS!
Notice: Girls lacrosse registration is still open for future Kni-Tros.http://www.trojanyouthlacrosseaustin.com. Join us and find out why lacrosse is the fastest growing sport in Texas. TYLA is a non-profit organization and a feeder program for the Kni-Tros girls lacrosse club from McCallum Knights and Anderson Trojans.
Elizabeth Ray (Mansour)
TYLA Lacrosse school liaison
Tel: (512) 574-0604
COMMUNITIES IN SCHOOLS PROGRAM
The Communities In Schools Program extends a warm welcome back to school & a Happy New Year!l! The CIS program is located on the Lamar campus, in portable A-7. CIS offers tutoring, mentoring and counseling services for students and their families. Drop by sometime to say hi and see what we’re all about!
Karen McGarity, Program Manager, MPS, ATR-BC, LPC-Intern
Tel: (512) 414-4671
The CIS program provides families valuable resources about community events, programs and support. Here’s one we’d like to share....please see attached programs at Wonders & Worries.
Submissions for the WAAG are due in to Mary LaWare at LamarWAAGemail@example.com for inclusion in the Thursday weekly no later than Wednesday at 7 pm. Announcements can be from the PTA, school, teachers, staff and community members so feel free to announce your ongoings here. It is preferable for announcements to be sent in text form in the body of the sender’s email and not as attachments. Special announcements are accepted but please use these sparingly. We will make accommodations for messages sent later than 7 pm on Wednesdays, but can’t guarantee inclusion.
Follow us on Facebook.