This Week’s Calendar:
Thursday, December 5, 2013
• Boys Soccer practice and team picture day
• Girls’ 7th A Basketball vs. Webb, 5:30-6:30 pm, Webb
• Girls’ 8th A Basketball vs. Webb, 5:30-6:30 pm, Lamar
• Girls’ 7th B Basketball vs. Webb, 6:30-7:30 pm, Webb
• Girls’ 8th B Basketball vs. Webb, 6:30-7:30 pm, Lamar
Friday, December 6, 2013
• Jazz Factory Dinner Performance, doors open at 6 pm, dinner service at 6:30 pm, concert 7-9 pm, Covenant Presbyterian Church, 3003 Northland Drive, 78757, New Fellowship Hall
Saturday, December 7, 2013
• Boys’ Soccer vs. Garcia, 9-10 am, Lamar
• Lamar Fine Arts Academy Application & Audition Workshop, 2-3 pm, Cafeteria
Sunday, December 8, 2013
• NJHS Barnes and Nobles gift wrap, 5-9 pm, Arboretum B&N
Monday, December 9, 2013
• PTA General Meeting, 5:30-5:45 pm, Library before band concert
• Beginning Band Concert, 6-7 pm, Cafeteria
Tuesday, December 10, 2013
• Band Holiday Concert, 7-8:30 pm, Cafeteria
Wednesday, December 11, 2013
• Jazz Factory to perform at Dell company Party, 11:30 am-5 pm, Dell Parmer South
• Girls’ Basketball 7th B vs Webb, 5:30-6:30 pm, Webb
Thursday, December 12, 2013
• Make-up and Late Work Due Date for A day
• Lamar MS and FAA Open House, 8:30-11 am, Library and tours around the school
• Girls’ Basketball (7th) Zone 1st Round, 5:30-6:30 pm, TBA
• Girls’ Basketball (8th) Zone 1st Round, 6:30–7:30pm
Friday, December 13, 2013
• Band TMEA All-Region Band Clinic, Hays PCA
• Make-up and Late Work Due Date for B Day
Saturday, December 14, 2013
• Band TMEA All-Region Band Concert, Hays PCA
• Boys’ Soccer vs. Martin, 9-10 am, Lamar
In This Issue
• CANCELLED: Allendale Neighborhood Holiday Gathering
• Lamar Middle School Band. It’s Concert Time!
• NJHS Gift Wrapping At The Arboretum Barnes And Noble
• Hoodie Hump Day
• A Night of Jazz, Jazz Factory Holiday Dinner
• Winter Concert
• Knights of Steel Dessert Concert
CANCELLED: ALLENDALE NEIGHBORHOOD HOLIDAY GATHERING
The event on Sunday, December 8, 2013 has been cancelled due the incoming weather reports.
LAMAR MIDDLE SCHOOL BAND. IT’S CONCERT TIME!
See attachment for upcoming concert information.
NJHS GIFT WRAPPING AT THE ARBORETUM BARNES AND NOBLE
Members will be wrapping on Sunday, 12/8, 5:00-9:00 PM, and Sunday, 12/15, 9:00 AM-1:00 PM. There is no charge for the wrapping but donations will be gladly accepted. We hope to see the Lamar community come out and support our last fund raiser of the 2013 year.
HOODIE HUMP DAY
Back by popular demand. Lamar super awesome fine arts Hoodies will be sold Wednesdays, hump day, in December. You or your child or both can be the proud owner for just $20. It doesn’t matter what strand they are in its all represented in one hoodie.
If your child already has one, encourage them to wear it for hoodie hump day!
A NIGHT OF JAZZ, JAZZ FACTORY HOLIDAY DINNER
The Jazz Factory will be traveling to Orlando, Florida in March to compete at the Disney World Festival. We were also selected to perform on the Waterside stage in Downtown Disney. Our Holiday Dinner performance is set up to help us raise money for our trip. The event is “Holiday Attire” the food will be amazing the venue is cozy and the music will be worth listening to. We have limited seating so please don’t miss out on this wonderful performance.
Thank you, James Hairston
Symphonic Winds, Symphonic Band and the Jazz Factory will have their 2013 Winter Concert Tuesday, December 10th at 7 pm in the Lamar Cafeteria.
KNIGHTS OF STEEL DESSERT CONCERT
The Knights of Steel Dessert Concert is Friday, December 13 at 7:00pm in the McCallum cafeteria. This concert will feature all three McCallum Steel Drum bands as well as the new Samba Knights! And lots of yummy desserts.
Note: The concert is free. The dessert portion of the evening is a fund raiser for the Knights of Steel and tickets are $10 per person in advance and $12 at the door. Tickets are not required for the concert alone.
There are many ways to get tickets to this fabulous concert. You can get tickets by:
• Buy them from your favorite Knights of Steel or Samba Knights band member ($10)
• Mail a check to (you will be placed on the Will Call list and receive your tickets at the door $10):
6103 Twin Ledge CV
Austin TX 78731
• Email Karey Prete at email@example.com to get on the Pending Payment list ($10)
• Karey Prete will be at both lunches at McCallum selling tickets the week of Dec. 9-13
• Buy tickets at the door.
• All checks should be made out to McCallum Knights of Steel.
Submissions for the WAAG are due in to Mary LaWare at LamarWAAGfirstname.lastname@example.org for inclusion in the Thursday weekly no later than Wednesday at 7 pm. Announcements can be from the PTA, school, teachers, staff and community members so feel free to announce your ongoings here. It is preferable for announcements to be sent in text form in the body of the sender’s email and not as attachments. Special announcements are accepted but please use these sparingly. We will make accommodations for messages sent later than 7 pm on Wednesdays, but can’t guarantee inclusion.