(This website is best viewed using Chrome)
Lamar Middle School and Fine Arts Academy is a middle school serving 6th - 8th grades in the AISD system.
Lamar Middle School and Fine Arts Academy is a caring community with diverse programs that engage all students in meaningful and creative learning opportunities that will prepare them for the future.
Lamar Middle School and Fine Arts Academy will be recognized for its excellence in developing the whole child by providing rigorous academic programs and creative opportunities in order to meet the challenges of a competitive, global society.
- All students will grow in a healthy and responsible way by learning through their own social and emotional experiences.
- All students will achieve success in their academic and elective programs.
- All students will develop a sense of community that encourages an awareness of the diversity in today's society.
Lamar Middle School Facility Project Sheet - Proposed Projects - Click HERE!
Do you have questions about BLEND? Check out these videos - How to work in Google from home and BLEND tips and tricks for parents and students.
Muse, Lamar's literary magazine is accepting submissions. Follow the link below to an online submission form. All submissions will be reviewed by an editorial staff. Due to space constraints, not all submissions will be included in the magazine. Submissions should be free of spelling, capitalization, punctuation and grammatical errors. https://goo.gl/forms/UO1ggeMQySqLCRY62
If you prefer to submit by email, send your piece to firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions? Contact Mrs. Dietz at email@example.com.
Interested in applying for the Lamar Fine Arts Academy for the 2018-2019 SY?
Step One: Go to - https://www.austinisd.org/magnet-application and complete the AISD Common Application
Step Two: Click HERE for the Lamar Fine Arts Academy handbook and application, print it out, complete it, and turn it in to Lamar.
Make sure to review the audition rubrics in the Application packet!
The Lamar Fine Arts Academy Application Process and Important Dates
for the 2018-2019 SY
- Starting October 1, 2017, applicants should print out the Lamar Fine Arts Academy Application pages 24 – 29 at lamarmiddleschool.org/fine-arts-academy/, complete it and either mail it to or drop it off at Lamar, 6201 Wynona, Austin, 78757. (Prior to filling out the application, make sure you have reviewed the handbook so that you are familiar with the requirements and look at the audition rubrics).
- Starting October 1, 2017, applicants must go to the Parent Cloud and click on the AISD Common Application (Part 1) and complete the online magnet application (www.austinisd.org/magnet-application). This is the location where you request teacher recommendations for AISD teachers – others must be printed out and given to the teachers.
- November 16, 2017 - Lamar Open House (open to all) – 8:45 am – 11:00 am (begins in the library, tours every 15 minutes) – this is the only open house this school year.
- December 2, 2017 – Middle School Choice Fair, Ann Richards school, 2206 Prather Lane, 9 am – 12 pm.
- December 9, 2017 – FAA Application/audition information session. EITHER 9-10am AND/OR 10:30 – 11:30 am – you may attend both sessions to find out about 2 different majors (but can only apply for one).
- February 9, 2017 - the deadline for the LMSFAA application.
- As applications to LMSFAA are received, audition times will be emailed to applicants – make sure you are checking the email address you provided in the application packet.
- Saturday, February 24, 2018 – auditions/interviews will take place at Lamar, 6201 Wynona, from 9 am – 3 pm. PLEASE BE PREPARED TO COMPLETE A PRELIMINARY CHOICE SHEET AT THIS TIME.
- February 26 – 28, 2018 – Emails will go out to applicants who have been offered acceptance to the academy as well as those not offered acceptance. Those being offered acceptance will be notified of their shadow date.
- March 1 – 2, 2018 – Shadowing for accepted students coming from private/charter schools.
- March 5 – 23, 2018 – Shadowing for accepted AISD students (no shadowing during Spring Break, March 12-16).
- March 23, 2018 – Deadline for accepted students to submit letter of intent to the FAA.
McCallum Fine Arts Academy Prospective Students and Families,
The AISD Common Application and the FAA Application are now available on line. See the MFAA website for instructions and links. https://mccallumhs.com/fine-arts-academy/apply/application-information-and-procedures/
Audition Workshops will be held Saturday December 16th. Students may participate in two different workshops. Registration and a small fee is required for each workshop. Registration will go live on Eventbrite Nov 3. We encourage parents to attend one of the Parent Information Sessions held while students are in the workshops. You will get more information about the FAA program, McCallum, FAA classes and academic classes, and there will be an opportunity to ask questions. Registration is not required for the Parent Information Sessions.
Please feel free to call the FAA office with questions.
We hope to see you at one of these events.
LamarFest 2017 was a huge success!
Thanks to our sponsors:
Did you fail a class in the fall semester? Do you just need extra help? Then check out IGNITE LAMAR! Extended-day opportunities for students who need extra support.
Come to Lamar Jazz Factory's A night of Jazz Holiday Dinner! Friday, December 8th - doors open at 6:00pm. For ticket information, click here. (Ticket sales have been extended!)
Order your yearbook now!
Pricing schedule: October 1 - January 31 - $35.00
February 1 - end of school - $40.00
Office Depot/Office Max - Give Back to Schools! Use the attached slips to give money to Lamar when you shop at Office Depot/Office Max!
For AISD students experiencing homelessness, AISD has Project HELP - (Hope & Empowerment ~ Leveraging Possibilities)
Volunteer at Lamar
There are so many ways to get involved at Lamar Middle School, from joining PTA to helping with ongoing committees, our Scottie Dads program that encourages Dads to get involved on campus, and helping to keep the Lamar campus beautiful.
Learn about the volunteer opportunities available and get connected at Lamar!
Instructions for Using Google "Classroom" - click here. We will be using Google "Classroom" to view the 2-week agenda for each class, communicate with your teachers, turn-in assignments, access teacher websites and much more.
Join Lamar PTA today! Click here for the form.
AISD Attendance Policy
Attendance Law (90% and Compulsory Attendance Law) - FAQs and Explanation - click here
Attendance - Compulsory Attendance (AISD code) - click here
WANT TO DONATE MONEY, BUY TICKETS, PAY FEES ONLINE?
Scottie Dad Program
Calling all dads, granddads, uncles, brothers…we need you! The Lamar Middle School Scottie Dad Program is ready to kick off the 2017-2018 school year! This program is designed to increase the adult male presence on our campus, while building quality relationships between our parents and students. Scottie Dads help increase student safety during all three lunch periods, while keeping connected with their child's school life and experiences. You can sign up for all three lunch periods or just parts of the lunch periods...your help and time is much appreciated no matter what.
LAMAR FINE ARTS ACADEMY
The Fine Arts Academy (FAA) at Lamar Middle School is pleased to provide an inspiring and robust program for students across Austin for the purpose of pursuing an accelerated arts curriculum as fine arts majors. Lamar FAA offers its students both meaningful and enriching opportunities in the areas of visual arts, dance, band, orchestra, choral music, drama, classical guitar, piano, digital arts and media, as well as our nationally recognized Lamar Jazz Band. Lamar FAA attracts a vastly diverse student body from across the city, including students from private, charter and parochial schools. Additionally, as the primary feeder school for McCallum High School and Fine Arts Academy, we are strongly aligned with McCallum's fine arts programs. Lamar FAA is Austin's top choice for middle school fine arts, as we strive to provide every student with a fulfilling and all encompassing middle school experience that nurtures the whole child. In short, our academic programs are comprehensive and rigorous, our athletic programs are dynamic, our parent and community involvement is flourishing, and most importantly, our student body is happy. We are Lamar!