(This website is best viewed using Chrome)
Lamar Middle School and Fine Arts Academy is a middle school serving 6th - 8th grades in the AISD system.
Lamar Middle School and Fine Arts Academy is a caring community with diverse programs that engage all students in meaningful and creative learning opportunities that will prepare them for the future.
Lamar Middle School and Fine Arts Academy will be recognized for its excellence in developing the whole child by providing rigorous academic programs and creative opportunities in order to meet the challenges of a competitive, global society.
- All students will grow in a healthy and responsible way by learning through their own social and emotional experiences.
- All students will achieve success in their academic and elective programs.
- All students will develop a sense of community that encourages an awareness of the diversity in today's society.
Lamar Middle School Facility Project Sheet - Proposed Projects - Click HERE!
CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO ON LAMARFEST!
Do you have questions about BLEND? Check out these videos - How to work in Google from home and BLEND tips and tricks for parents and students.
Interested in applying for the Lamar Fine Arts Academy for the 2018-2019 SY?
Step One: Go to - https://www.austinisd.org/magnet-application and complete the AISD Common Application
Step Two: Click HERE for the Lamar Fine Arts Academy handbook and application, print it out, complete it, and turn it in to Lamar.
Make sure to review the audition rubrics in the Application packet!
The Lamar Fine Arts Academy Application Process and Important Dates
for the 2018-2019 SY
- Starting October 1, 2017, applicants should print out the Lamar Fine Arts Academy Application pages 24 – 29 at lamarmiddleschool.org/fine-arts-academy/, complete it and either mail it to or drop it off at Lamar, 6201 Wynona, Austin, 78757. (Prior to filling out the application, make sure you have reviewed the handbook so that you are familiar with the requirements and look at the audition rubrics).
- Starting October 1, 2017, applicants must go to the Parent Cloud and click on the AISD Common Application (Part 1) and complete the online magnet application. This is the location where you request teacher recommendations for AISD teachers – others must be printed out and given to the teachers.
- November 16, 2017 - Lamar Open House (open to all) – 8:45 am – 11:00 am (begins in the library, tours every 15 minutes) – this is the only open house this school year.
- December 2, 2017 – Middle School Choice Fair, Ann Richards school, 2206 Prather Lane, 9 am – 12 pm.
- December 9, 2017 – FAA Application/audition information session. EITHER 9-10am AND/OR 10:30 – 11:30 am – you may attend both sessions to find out about 2 different majors (but can only apply for one).
- February 9, 2017 - the deadline for the LMSFAA application.
- As applications to LMSFAA are received, audition times will be emailed to applicants – make sure you are checking the email address you provided in the application packet.
- Saturday, February 24, 2018 – auditions/interviews will take place at Lamar, 6201 Wynona, from 9 am – 3 pm. PLEASE BE PREPARED TO COMPLETE A PRELIMINARY CHOICE SHEET AT THIS TIME.
- February 26 – 28, 2018 – Emails will go out to applicants who have been offered acceptance to the academy as well as those not offered acceptance. Those being offered acceptance will be notified of their shadow date.
- March 1 – 2, 2018 – Shadowing for accepted students coming from private/charter schools.
- March 5 – 23, 2018 – Shadowing for accepted AISD students (no shadowing during Spring Break, March 12-16).
- March 23, 2018 – Deadline for accepted students to submit letter of intent to the FAA.
Did you fail a class the first six weeks? Do you just need extra help? Then check out IGNITE LAMAR! Extended-day opportunities for students who need extra support.
MacTheatre presents Act One. A journey into the making of a Broadway legend. Nov 9-12, 2017
Act One chronicles the life of famed playwright-director Moss Hart, from his poor Bronx beginnings to becoming Broadway royalty. Written for the stage by James Lapine, Tony Award winning writer and director of Sondheim on Sondheim, Into The Woods and Falsettos, among others. Act One is a show for the entire family.
About the show:
Growing up in an impoverished immigrant family in the Bronx, Moss Hart dreamed of being part of the glamorous, magical world of show business- someday, somehow. From dropping out of school to becoming the toast of the town, his autobiography Act One recounts the making of a Broadway legend. It says you can escape a home where you feel you don’t belong, you can escape a town you find suffocating, you can follow a passion (the theater, but not just the theater) that is ridiculed by your peers, you can—with hard work, luck, and stamina—forge a career doing what you love. However modest or traumatic your beginnings, you can find your way to Oz—and you don’t have to go back to Kansas anymore.
We are pleased to offer our popular Middle School/Thespian event on November 12 (Sunday matinee). For this show only, students and chaperones tickets are $7 when purchased in advance and online.
Tickets may be purchased in advance at https://mccallum.ludustickets.com/
Student tickets are $7; adults are $16, and seniors are $12.
Add $2 for tickets purchased at the door, except at the student rate.
Group rates for groups of 10 or more receive a 10% discount for online purchases.
Show runs November 9-12; All shows start at 7 pm, except for Sundays. Sundays shows are at 2 pm.
Location is the Fine Arts Building Theatre at 5600 Sunshine Dr.
For further information, please contact or follow us:
Joshua Denning, Director and Theatre Teacher - McCallum High School & Fine Arts Academy
firstname.lastname@example.org or 512-414-8061
Order your yearbook now!
Pricing schedule: August 21 - September 30 - $30.00
October 1 - January 31 - $35.00
February 1 - end of school - $40.00
MacTheatre presents Catch Me if You Can. The big-hearted musical adventure based on an astonishing real-life story of being young, in love ....and in deep, deep trouble! September 28 - October 1 & October 5-8, 2017.
Office Depot/Office Max - Give Back to Schools! Use the attached slips to give money to Lamar when you shop at Office Depot/Office Max!
Volunteer at Lamar
There are so many ways to get involved at Lamar Middle School, from joining PTA to helping with ongoing committees, our Scottie Dads program that encourages Dads to get involved on campus, and helping to keep the Lamar campus beautiful.
Learn about the volunteer opportunities available and get connected at Lamar!
Instructions for Using Google "Classroom" - click here. We will be using Google "Classroom" to view the 2-week agenda for each class, communicate with your teachers, turn-in assignments, access teacher websites and much more.
Join Lamar PTA today! Click here for the form.
AISD Attendance Policy
Attendance Law (90% and Compulsory Attendance Law) - FAQs and Explanation - click here
Attendance - Compulsory Attendance (AISD code) - click here
WANT TO DONATE MONEY, BUY TICKETS, PAY FEES ONLINE?
Scottie Dad Program
Calling all dads, granddads, uncles, brothers…we need you! The Lamar Middle School Scottie Dad Program is ready to kick off the 2017-2018 school year! This program is designed to increase the adult male presence on our campus, while building quality relationships between our parents and students. Scottie Dads help increase student safety during all three lunch periods, while keeping connected with their child's school life and experiences. You can sign up for all three lunch periods or just parts of the lunch periods...your help and time is much appreciated no matter what.
LAMAR FINE ARTS ACADEMY
The Fine Arts Academy (FAA) at Lamar Middle School is pleased to provide an inspiring and robust program for students across Austin for the purpose of pursuing an accelerated arts curriculum as fine arts majors. Lamar FAA offers its students both meaningful and enriching opportunities in the areas of visual arts, dance, band, orchestra, choral music, drama, classical guitar, piano, digital arts and media, as well as our nationally recognized Lamar Jazz Band. Lamar FAA attracts a vastly diverse student body from across the city, including students from private, charter and parochial schools. Additionally, as the primary feeder school for McCallum High School and Fine Arts Academy, we are strongly aligned with McCallum's fine arts programs. Lamar FAA is Austin's top choice for middle school fine arts, as we strive to provide every student with a fulfilling and all encompassing middle school experience that nurtures the whole child. In short, our academic programs are comprehensive and rigorous, our athletic programs are dynamic, our parent and community involvement is flourishing, and most importantly, our student body is happy. We are Lamar!