(This website is best viewed using Chrome)
Lamar Middle School and Fine Arts Academy is a middle school serving 6th - 8th grades in the AISD system.
Lamar Middle School and Fine Arts Academy is a caring community with diverse programs that engage all students in meaningful and creative learning opportunities that will prepare them for the future.
Lamar Middle School and Fine Arts Academy will be recognized for its excellence in developing the whole child by providing rigorous academic programs and creative opportunities in order to meet the challenges of a competitive, global society.
- All students will grow in a healthy and responsible way by learning through their own social and emotional experiences.
- All students will achieve success in their academic and elective programs.
- All students will develop a sense of community that encourages an awareness of the diversity in today's society.
HELP LAMAR THROUGH OFFICE DEPOT/OFFICE MAX'S
Click on the link above for card to take to Office Depot/Office Max - Lamar will get 5% back in credits!
Volunteer at Lamar
There are so many ways to get involved at Lamar Middle School, from joining PTA to helping with ongoing committees, our Scottie Dads program that encourages Dads to get involved on campus, and helping to keep the Lamar campus beautiful.
Learn about the volunteer opportunities available and get connected at Lamar!
THANK YOU! Luxe Property Group - Elizabeth Riley for our new Dance Studio!
8th graders and their families are invited to the McCallum Fine Arts Showcase - Tuesday, September 27 from 7-9pm in the Mac Theatre! Click here for the flyer.
Instructions for Using Google "Classroom" - click here. We will be using Google "Classroom" to view the 2-week agenda for each class, communicate with your teachers, turn-in assignments, access teacher websites and much more.
WANT TO DONATE MONEY, BUY TICKETS, PAY FEES ONLINE?
Scottie Dad Program
Calling all dads, granddads, uncles, brothers…we need you! The Lamar Middle School Scottie Dad Program is ready to kick off the 2016-2017 school year! This program is designed to increase the adult male presence on our campus, while building quality relationships between our parents and students. Scottie Dads help increase student safety during all three lunch periods, while keeping connected with their child's school life and experiences. You can sign up for all three lunch periods or just parts of the lunch periods...your help and time is much appreciated no matter what.
LAMAR FINE ARTS ACADEMY
The Fine Arts Academy (FAA) at Lamar Middle School is pleased to provide an inspiring and robust program for students across Austin for the purpose of pursuing an accelerated arts curriculum as fine arts majors. Lamar FAA offers its students both meaningful and enriching opportunities in the areas of visual arts, dance, band, orchestra, choral music, drama, classical guitar, piano, digital arts and media, as well as our nationally recognized Lamar Jazz Band. Lamar FAA attracts a vastly diverse student body from across the city, including students from private, charter and parochial schools. Additionally, as the primary feeder school for McCallum High School and Fine Arts Academy, we are strongly aligned with McCallum's fine arts programs. Lamar FAA is Austin's top choice for middle school fine arts, as we strive to provide every student with a fulfilling and all encompassing middle school experience that nurtures the whole child. In short, our academic programs are comprehensive and rigorous, our athletic programs are dynamic, our parent and community involvement is flourishing, and most importantly, our student body is happy. We are Lamar!
Important Fine Arts Academy dates
for the 2017-2018 school year
· October 1, 2016 – LMSFAA handbook available on-line through Lamar’s website (lamarmiddleschool.org)
· November 1, 2016 – AISD Middle School Program Intent form available on-line.
· November 5, 2016 – Middle School Choice Fair, Kealing Middle School – 9 am – 12 pm.
· November 17, 2016 – Lamar open house, 8:30am – 11:00am (begins in the library – tours every 15 minutes)
· December 3, 2016 – FAA application/audition workshop – 9-10am OR 10:30 – 11:30 am in the Lamar cafeteria. Participants may attend either session.
· December 5, 2016 – LMSFAA Showcase, AISD PAC, 11am -12:30 pm. (Everyone invited – a school visit pass will be provided to excuse your absence at your school).
· February 3, 2017 – deadline for submitting AISD Middle School Program Intent form - Fine Arts teacher recommendation must be turned in by February 3, 2017. * LMSFAA additional information must be completed by February 3, 2017 *
· By February 10, 2017 or before – FAA will email qualified applicants their audition time as their applications are received. All applicants with complete applications will receive an audition time. Students may audition for ONE strand only.
· February 18, 2017 – Auditions at Lamar (9am – 3pm) in the Lamar cafeteria
· February 21 - 24, 2017 – Shadowing for accepted students coming from private/charter schools
· February 21 – March 10, 2017 - Shadowing for accepted AISD students.
· March 10, 2017 – Decision letters mailed to accepted applicants
· March 24, 2017 – deadline for students to submit letter of intent to the FAA office